The top wide receivers in the NFL are surely great route runners right. With the NFL kicking off in 15 days I'd thought I share a clip that shows the art of route running. It's an old video but nonetheless the routes are crisp and you really get to see deception, the ability to sale a defender on a certain route and more! Here's my list of the top 10 route runners in the NFL right now as we approach the 2019 NFL Season.
10. Julian Edelman: How many rings does he have? Oh, and he’s always open.
9. Amari Cooper: Quick and is able to create solid separation.
8. DeAndre Hopkins: Big, physical and can run all the routes.
7. Adam Thielen: Can get open with the best of them! Sure he pushes off, but in and out of his breaks he deserves a spot in the top 10.
6. Devante Adams: His dead leg is a work of art that is all.
5. Keenan Allen: He doesn’t have the speed that the four guys have before him. But my goodness he’s a salesman when it comes to route running.
4. OBJ: Ridiculous route running alongside his speed, he comes in at number four.
3. Stefon Diggs: You don’t like it, too bad. Go watch film, in and out of breaks he’s a stud!
2. Julio Jones: He’s 6’3 and weighs in at 220, and can do pretty much everything AB does at his size. If you wanted to put AB number two, I wouldn’t be upset.
1. Antonio Brown: Helmet issues or not, the man is amazing at creating space and beating defenders with his nonpareil routes.
Enough of me typing, the reason you clicked the link is because it's all about route running!