Oversees promotion events and contests for three Seattle radio stations. Directs the activities of employees engaged in the planning and execution of marketing, promotion, sales promotion and imaging campaigns. Staff responsibilities include: Managing the promotion and direction of advertising and marketing activities and campaigns as well as improvement of the Company's product image, market data, and information. Studying market conditions to determine the demand for company's services or products, and indicating the need for new products or services. Developing and evaluating marketing strategies, striving to achieve maximum profits or market share and achieving and maintaining customer satisfaction. Formulating marketing policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers. Executes remote station promotional events and materials. Participates with station management in determining appropriate promotions for targeted demographic. Maintains station event calendar, writes copy for promotional spots, schedules live remotes from promotional events, prepares summaries of events, serves as primary coordinator for third party tie-ins and supervises promotions coordinator and event staff. Ensures the provision of prizes, promotional materials, and event collateral. Ensures contest rules comply with FCC regulations.
•Oversee the promotions department for three radio stations including the management of part-time promotions employees, execution of the station promotional and marketing plans and create and fulfill sales opportunities.
•Work directly with the other promotions directors to manage resources for the Seattle cluster.
•Develop and execute strategic and tactical plans for all stations in support of the marketing, programming and revenue objectives of the cluster.
•Execute quarterly tactical plans for on-air contesting, station website and events, including originating or adapting ideas, identifying and negotiating resources, establish action plans and timelines
•Write and obtain legal approval on contest rules
•Assist in the planning and coordination of Major Promotions/Events from inception to completion
• Coordinates and attends client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics.
• Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
• Performs basic office administrative functions and updates station website.
• Conducts on-site promotions, and handles clients and listeners.
• Sets up and runs audio and other types of equipment; hangs banners and other staging elements.
• Records events (i.e. photos, videos, audio and social media measures for station promotions).
• Sets up, breaks down and transports promotional event equipment as required.
• Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on air, digital, social media and other contests.
•Working closely with the station program director and the SVPP to execute events and promotions in line with the stations strategy.
•Manage on air giveaways.
•Manage on site promotions.
•Collaborate with Digital Team on creating, scheduling and tracking social networking outlets and initiatives.
•Creation of all concert proposals and concert promotions.
•Develop content, as needed, for weekly station newsletters.
•Manage database and promotion scheduling system for station
•Ensure accurate recording and tracking of all contests, prizes and winners
•This position requires flexible working hours; May include nights, holidays and weekends.
• Supervises prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets as well as awarding of prizes at events.
• May coordinate and oversee on-site appearances, remotes and events.
• May drive promotional vehicles.
• May be responsible for all winner prize fulfillment and release forms.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and social media platforms
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
• High work standards and degree of attention to detail
• Problem solving and decision making
• Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
• Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
• Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Excellent driving record
• Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects
• 1-3 years’ experience in outdoor promotions and/or marketing and/or customer service
• High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications, Advertising or Marketing)
• Valid driver’s license
Location: Seattle, WA: 645 Elliott Avenue West, Suite 400, 98119
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.